Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Daily 2012-the foundation

It's December 1rst marking the beginning of December Daily!!

This is my 3rd year in a row participating in this memory keeping project and I am also following along with Shimelle Laine's Journal Your Christmas.

My foundation pages are super, super simple this year and came together in one afternoon as I was asked to put this together for a scrapbook crop and retail show for Scrap Shotz.

I've used a Simple Stories red SN@P binder (6x8) which comes with 10 pocket page protectors, 3 chipboard dividers and 8 Sn@p pages. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get hold of the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday collection in time to put together these pages so I used last year's Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas. It is very similar in colour and feel to Handmade Holiday so I won't have a problem using the Handmade Holiday double sided journal cards and pockets with it.

Here is the cover:

The die cut piece is cut out of the patterned paper, sticker is from the same line. The stars are Studio Calico.

In putting together the actual pages I alternated one piece of paper with one pocket page insert. I've also assigned one day to the front of the page and the following day to the back. This does leave me room to insert extra pages if I have a long story to tell or more photos to add. It also takes the pressure off of me to try and fill a large area if the day has passed with little photos taken or not much going on.

Below are the first 5 pages, I think they give you a good idea what it looks like right now :)

I've also gathered together all my Christmas goodies including some new items I didn't really need but am looking forward to using in my book this year.

Thanks for taking a look and happy December Daily!!!

No comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps April Krafty Peeks! Day TWO - Fruity Fun!

  Welcome back! Did you enjoy yesterday's Peeks? Well, we are back with MORE fun stuff! Today we are spotlighting a new stamp set from a...